This was my first work shirt remake. Easy as pie! Cut off the collar, cut off the buttons, cut off the sleeve just above the placket. I moved the pocket to the right hip area, and added embroidery to the area where the pocket used to be.
The sleeve edges are finished with an over-cast stitch to leave them with a bit of a rough look. I sewed the elastic right on the inside sleeve with a zig-zag stitch (no need for a casing).
After sewing the front closed, I used a small smocking stitch to gather up the neck opening, then I added a cotton lace trim to finish the neck.
I started with the same style shirt here, but gave it a completely different treatment.
I removed the collar, and stitched the top edge of the collar band back up to create a Mandrin collar.
I changed out the buttons with some fun little flowers from my button jar.
I added quite a bit of hand embroidery using some vintage transfers.
Once again, I cut the sleeve just above the placket. This time though, I hemmed, and slightly pleated the sleeve, and attached the placket just for a little added detail.
And as I did with the other shirt, I moved the pocket, and added some machine embroidery where the pocket originally was. I also added a little machine embroidery to the pocket before sewing it to the hip area.
And my latest work shirt re-make. A very old shirt that I had hand embroidered. I cut off the entire collar, cut the sleeves just above the placket, and created a false cuff which I top-stitched to keep it in place. My favorite part of this one is the new bottom...after cutting the bottom of the shirt off, I placed it backwards and stitched it back together, then top stitched the seam allowance down on both sides of the seam.